Two Moms Against Common Core

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Thanks for the reminder --


This is what I'm fighting for.

I received this comment on my blog and I wanted to share.  I do not know this person in any way, shape or form.

Alisa, Someone just told me about your blog and I wanted to take a moment to say Thank You! We've never met and I have no idea who you are, but it is so refreshing to see more and more people waking up to the dangers of Common Core because they do their own homework. I am also an independent thinker. I was raised by a mother who escaped from Stalinist Ukraine only a year before Stalin starved 15 million Ukrainians. They saw what was coming. My grandparents saw that the communist state was trying to take over the hearts and minds of the children by forcing them into state run schools at the age of 3, taking away their religion and their connections to family and everything they held dear. My grandmother whispered "They are stealing our children away from us" just before they risked their lives to escape. I grew up in the best California private Catholic schools because my parents saw the problems within the nearby public schools and wanted much more for their children in academics and morality. We grew up with very little, sacrificing everything for a good academic and moral education. I have a degree in education and saw first hand how becoming a teacher was much more about indoctrination than it was about actually teaching children academics. I worked in the classroom until I started my own family. I found I could help other children much more through private tutoring and having a preschool in my home. I spent many years studying religion before I joined the LDS Church. I take freedom, education and religion very seriously because all of them have come at a huge cost for my family. I've always been looked up to by members of the church for standing up for freedom and education. It wasn't till I moved to Utah 3 years ago that I even heard the term "right wing extremist", and that coming from church members who should know better about the importance of freedom, agency, family first, the inspired Constitution and excellent education out of the best books. This term came from the mouths of members who should know that we need to put God first in everything we do and be careful of worldly philosophies that would take us away from family, freedoms and our God. I am constantly amazed that the very people who should understand the principles we stand for are the ones who fight us the most. My fight is not with teachers either, but is about protecting families, the Constitution, Judeo-Christian principles, and the right for parents to educate their children in how they believe is best based on these core beliefs. How dare a few people who think they are the educated elite take away our rights and freedoms to raise our own children in the way we think is best. How dare they take more and more of our hard earned money while forcing upon our children socialized education. My grandparents and my own mother who sacrificed so much to bring us to America to experience a better life and a better education are, I'm sure, blessing us from above for all we are doing to help our children in this crazy world we live in. Bless you for doing your own homework and for standing up for your children's sake and for that of so many others in this state. I pray that more will understand that this is just part of the ongoing battle for our children's souls and freedom. And I pray that they will wake up in enough time to join us.

Thank you for taking the time to read over my blog and share your experience with me.  It truly touched my heart because what she said is exactly what I'm fighting for.

I have been very prayerful as to how I should go about this because I don't want to make enemies but have felt very directed by the Lord in the things that I should do and the value of having this fight.  I went to the temple to help guide me in how I should proceed and whether I should proceed in this cause.  When I opened the Book of Mormon I looked down to see that I had opened them to Alma chapter 51.  I thank my Father in Heaven for giving me the courage to fight this fight.

Here is the description of the chapter:  The king-men seek to change the law and set up a king—Pahoran and the freemen are supported by the voice of the people—Moroni compels the king-men to defend their country or be put to death—Amalickiah and the Lamanites capture many fortified cities—Teancum repels the Lamanite invasion and slays Amalickiah in his tent.


These verses really hit me:



 Nevertheless, they did not long maintain an entire peace in the land, for there began to be a contention among the people concerning the chief judge Pahoran; for behold, there were a part of the people who desired that a few particular points of the alawshould be altered.
 But behold, Pahoran would not alter nor suffer the law to be altered; therefore, he did not hearken to those who had sent in their voices with their petitions concerning the altering of the law.
 Therefore, those who were desirous that the law should be altered were angry with him, and desired that he should no longer be chief judge over the land; therefore there arose a warmadispute concerning the matter, but not unto bloodshed.
 And it came to pass that those who were desirous that Pahoran should be dethroned from the judgment-seat were called aking-men, for they were desirous that the law should be altered in a manner to overthrow the free government and to establish a bkingover the land.
 And those who were desirous that Pahoran should remain chief judge over the land took upon them the name of afreemen; and thus was the bdivision among them, for the freemen had sworn orccovenanted to maintain their rights and the privileges of their religion by a free government.
 And it came to pass that this matter of their contention was settled by the avoice of the people. And it came to pass that the voice of the people came in favor of the freemen, and Pahoran retained the judgment-seat, which caused much rejoicing among the brethren of Pahoran and also many of the people of liberty, who also put the king-men to silence, that they durst not oppose but were obliged to maintain the cause of freedom.
 Now those who were in favor of kings were those of ahigh birth, and they sought to be bkings; and they were supported by those who sought power and authority over the people.

I knew after reading these verses that I have to keep fighting for our freedom.






No comments:

Post a Comment